Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Blogging

I never ever thought I would do this. I also never thought I would be one of those women who treat their little dogs like a baby. But alas, I am writing to the virtual world of all to see and I am going to stop letting my dog sleep in the bed with me. Damn it. Is it ok if the blog thingy is rambly and ranty? What about spelling? I can't spell. Will there be a button to click on to do that for me?

I'm here at 'work'. I'm temping. I've been hired to sit in front of some offices to answer the phone IF it rings and IF they decide they want to schedule something and don't feel like doing either of those things themselves. Which they usually do, 'cause they are bored too. I wonder what they do.

These are strange times. All of the "secretaries" sit in front of the "professionals'" offices and I can't help but think (like many things we do societally) this is some sort of left over tradition from the days of Roman kings (ooo...wait...I was just asked to copy something......I might have to take a nap after this...I'll be back...I say this like we are in real-time here...)...anyhoo....I was needed. Carrie Fishers tied to temples...some of us shouldn't wear the outfit though...

Is it weird that I kind of like this? I'm being paid to sit here and discover blogging. And they don't seem to have any other expectations for me. Like sneaking candy in church. It is very quiet. Strange times. I've been here for two days now, and nobody has asked me my name.

I think I'm going to commence a group hug at three. I'll send an email.

No comments: