Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Fish Mouth


"I’m sitting at gate D4 in LaGuardia Airport. Since 2:30p today I’ve walked 26 blocks by Penn Station, road the N to Queens, hopped on the M60 to the airport, then stood on line after line only to be told I was in the wrong line. Since when do you HAVE to go to self check-in? They hire people to tell people one by one they have to go somewhere else and do it for themselves. Why’d the Yankees get a new stadium? How about we update the gate to the free world? What a shit hole. I swear I smell urine..."

I recently took a trip to visit my brother back home in Dallas, Texas. I did some writing on the plane. When I went back to read it, I could actually see my words change with the altitude. Like Sam Kinison morphing into Meg Ryan's Sally Albright and back again. I either need to get out of the city more or embrace this weird place like only Sally can.

No comments: