Thursday, October 11, 2007

On the A (Part 2)

A: There you go ladies and gentlemen. That's magic ain't it? Ain't he? Now put your hands together for me. (B steps aside and A does a front flip landing on his back and instantly begins to spin. He break dances while the group claps in the same rhythm.)

G2: He's spinnin' T! He's spinnin'! You do that?

T: Yeah.

G2: You do that T? You do that?

T: Yeah. Yeah. Before I was two. (Laughs.)

G1: Ahhhh... he said before he was two! (To G2.) You gettin' off wit' me? You commin' with me?

G2: Yeah girl. I'm gettin' Monica's bracelette she left at yo' crib. You knew that. Thinkin' 'bout nothing but yo'self. Girl.

T: (Stands.) I'm up.

G1: (Yelling.) Go T! Go T!

T: Me.

B: Yo'. It's T's. He up.

T: Yo', it's me up dude.

(A has already stopped and is walking up and down the aisle asking for money. T and B do a little dance together, then B steps out. The group clapping becomes faster and louder. They cheer for T. He is extremely good, but in the end stumbles a bit. He pops up and as A walks by with two dollar bills T grabs them out of A's hand. The group stops clapping.)

A: Hey, that's...what...give it...

T: Nah, nah, nah. You owe me. You owe me! It's mine. You owe me!

A: He done snatched that two dollars out. He done took it. (Laughing.) I'm hungry. Man. (To B, laughing.) He done snatched it! Snatched it!

T: (To A and B.) It's mine! You owe! It's mine! (To G1.) Don't he? That's mine! He owes!

G1: I don't know. Shit.

G2: Shit. Little T. Shit.

(Silence. T pockets the dollars and takes a seat. A and B sit near him. There is no dialogue but A and B are whispering and giggling - not about T.)

A: (To G1. Smile.) Where y'all goin'?

G1: (Smiles back.) Shit. I told you, we's goin' to 14th. Y'all getting off at (In sinc with A.) ...34th.

A: (In sinc with G1, still smiling at her.) ...34th.

B: We goin' to three fo'? Yeah. Dat's right. Dat's right. We doin' three fo'.

(Slight pause.)

A: (To B.) Yo'! You be there when Ziggy got popped?

T: I be there.

A: (To B.) You be there?

T: I was.

G1: T was there.

G2: T you be there?

T: Yeah.

To be continued...

No comments: