Monday, June 9, 2008

Ode to an Ambitious Girl

I have counted on her in many ways since I left home. Nursed through heart ache, heart break, success, poverty, bad luck and good. Catharsis and love and gossip.

She can actually read minds.

She's given me money, because she wanted to see me get what I wanted. No strings attached. She cooks for many and always used to leave me a plate. Never expecting me but knowing I'd show and always late. I've felt encouragement, love, enlightenment. We've shared secrets, smiles, wishes, lovers. And I've watched her...grow, learn, live, share....energize, enthrall, inflame and inspire. I admire her.

And he - a beautiful moth...we all thought could be trusted...who would KNOW her, he with wings of gold but promises of air - he dared to fly beside her....

...and couldn't keep up.

I'm so saddened for my ambitious friend, this ambitious woman. Her soul is there for all of us who dare shake hands with it.
Be careful with her, world. She is a true gift.

No comments: